Monday, October 9, 2023

Inktober Week two.


The process has been going fairly smoothly, I think. As I sit down to draw, I've been thinking about the prompts. I think about it because of these two questions: what can I draw that will be unique and what can I draw with my skill set?


Sometimes, I'll Google the word and look at images. Sometimes, this is not a good thing. For instance the prompt for October 9th was “bounce” and drawing a blank, I looked it up. I wouldn't say I was horrified, horror isn't the right word. But looking up bounce, I just didn't think I was going to get what I got. Rather than drawing big body parts, I chose to draw a pogo stick.


Interestingly, the pogo stick brought up many miseries of childhood. I was never mistreated by a pogo stick, but thanks for asking. I was a troubled child, and I was often shuffled around to different babysitters. I have a spotty memory of one babysitter in particular. Their was a rusty pogo stick in the alley. There was also a little girl there too, and when my mother came to get me, I remember this little girl specifically asking my mom if I could stay a little longer. I don't remember anything else, and I may have been there only once.


It was a funny memory to have, for sure. I was enjoying it, the memory, as I was drawing the pogo stick. I think if it weren't for that act of drawing, I would not have had the memory, not at least until the years of senility get here.


Pogo sticks aside, I've been scribbling away

No comments:

Post a Comment