Monday, October 16, 2023

Inktober Week three

Not really a drawing. Day 5: Map
As this drawing challenge continues, I find myself musing over other things. I didn't have a specific thing I wanted to think about during these hours. I did not have an overarching theme to consider. I didn't even think about having something I wanted to learn.

What I could have had, this whole time was something drawing related. I mean, I wouldn't have considered the paper I'm using as I'm still using the same sketchbook I've been using all year. I have not really considered the pens either. I am still using Micron pens, but I've decided to make a move to the Staedtler pens as the Micron wear out. This is for no real reason, except maybe I like the way the nibs are shaped a little better.

No, what I've been musing over is time. My mind wanders when I draw. I have ample time to think, which I like. Since Inktober has fallen between the poetry project I did in September and the Novel writing project for NaNoWriMo that I plan for November, being able to clear my mind of all verbal noise has been a blessing. I find I've been thinking about the deep past, my deep past. Things that happened very long ago, and how they have impacted me now. I've also been thinking about dead friends. I don't care for the autumn very much, and I've lost friends and family members during this time of year. But that has nothing to do with drawing.

As the weather has been cooling down, I know it's time to get serious. I'm in the middle of the third week of the Inktober challenge, I don't feel like I'm slowing down anytime soon. There's just under two weeks left. Maybe I will have a revelation between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment