Monday, October 23, 2023

Inktober Week four

Day 14: Castle
This week as I've been drawing I have continued to muse about time. Not time in the indexing of memories or the future plans sort of time. Now, this week, it has been less of a question of where did the time go and more of a question of how did I not see all this time before?

I've been trying out new things. No doubt. I find it funny that since August, I've been doing creative challenges that do no need a computer. Sure, the photography challenge and subsequent photobook in August needed a little tinkering with InDesign, but it wasn't necessary. And the poetry book I did in September, much like Inktober, didn't even require electricity.

I find the time I spend on these lofi activities makes me feel a certain way. It's like I can spend a couple of hours watching a movie on Netflix or endless YouTube videos and when I'm done, I feel tired, but I can't sleep. I feel wound up and exhausted. But, if I spend the same amount of time drawing or writing in my notebook or reading, I feel relaxed and sleepy. It probably has something to do with being wired a certain way, I have no scientific proof. By the anecdotal evidence is profound.

Going into the final days of Inktober, I don't know if I'm ready for it to en

No comments:

Post a Comment