Sunday, April 30, 2023

May's Creative Challenge: The Photo Book

May starts tomorrow. In looking back over the first four creative challenges this year: January Drawing, February Watercolors; March mini comics zines, April NaNoWriMo, the May challenge seems every bit as interesting even if it is vastly different.

I'm doing a photo book. I've done these before starting with SoFoBoMo in summer of 2018. I miss SoFoBoMo, they went defunct some time in 2018. Their challenge was simply: take a picture a day at the minimum and at the end of the month put together a 35 photograph book as a .pdf. I've made six of these over the years, and I've printed two.

This year, since there is no real official, public challenge, this one is more personal.

I'm following the SoFoBoMo in that I'm going to generate a pdf at the end of the project. I also plan to print this one. I do not have to take all the pictures this month as my concept will not really allow time for that.

I'm shooting film on four different cameras: Vivitar PN2011, Holga 135BC, Holga 120N and the Pentax K1000. Additional photos, especially those pictures of the cameras I will take with my DSLR.

This particular project will have more text that the former photo books. I want to write about each camera and some of my process with each one. I do have some other writings on at least two of these cameras: Holga 120N and Pentax K1000

Ultimately, I think this project will showcase my design chops. This whole book will be designed in InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment