Sunday, August 20, 2023

Ugh! This Fucking Photo Project Sucks!

I just can't seem to walk away when something isn't working. I mean, I won't even put down an awful book without finishing it. I can be reading the worst book ever written, and I will slowly, painfully take it in a few pages at a time because I'm not interested enough to really read it and I can't just not finish it.

I guess I'm the same why about a project. I'm working on this awful photo challenge right now. I'm struggling with it in fact. And what's sad is that I've been at it for well over a month, and I wanted to do it in August from start to finish.

I had such lofty intentions. I thought I could learn about my camera, learn how it works, how to do new and interesting things with it and have this wonderful learning experience.

I have learned a thing or two about the camera and that has been worth the price of admission. So, if anything, I should be grateful for that, even if I have only really completed a third of the prompts, taken images for another third and still have a third to go.

It's been a nice summer here for the most part, but August is hot. I loathe walking around in the day. Walking around in the day and with this heavy camera around my neck too. If you really want to know about me, I loved all my times with my toy cameras. My Holga is 100% plastic and it weighs nothing. But my DSLR is another story. And for some really fucked up reason I feel like photography is kind of boushie. I mean, I'm astounded at how much I paid for my camera and by all standards in the digital camera world, my camera is now considered old and obsolete. Considering I used to shoot with a Pentax K1000 and it was made for 25 years and only became obsolete when film did, a DSLR that's a couple of years old should not seem obsolete. I hate the chasing the next thing. But these are only excuses.

I just need to do it. I still have lessons I need to learn. I still have time to finish this creative challenge. Most of the challenges I do I finish early, this one will finish late. If it takes two months to take 30 pictures, who would be the wiser, really?

So, there it is. The question is, can I do it? Can I finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment