Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Golden Time

When I think of the golden time for me as a writer, I think of only one time. I know, when I think about things, there are so many good times, there are so many highlights. But there is one time in particular that really rings true.

This time rings true is only a highlight because of the feeling. It just comes down to the feeling. I did not write anything of real value. Well, that's now entirely true. I can think of two things I wrote in the golden time that really make me proud. The first is an epic poem called Winter Rapture. It had to be an epic poem because I was reading a lot of Romantic poets at that time. And the second one was another novel called Masqueras and Munecas. 



What made it such a good time was that I quit the working world. I quit the working world and I have never gone back. I quit the working world and I went to work as a temp at a very big insurance company. And my days at the insurance company was me alone with my notebook.

I wrote for the supposed 8 hour days I was suppose to have. My days were only split when I went on break or lunch. And when the working day was over, I went to the coffeehouse and continued to write.

It was like this: I finally got to dedicate my entire day as well as my entire life to the process of writing. At this time all I did was write

I suppose it comes down to this: when you want to be a writer, you just have to write. When you want be a writer, there is no other thing that you can be. I suppose, there are those writers who have jobs and lives and whatnot, but ultimately, there is one thing on their mind, and that is to write. Sometimes it's  just the act that is satisfying. Sometimes it is the recognition however that comes. Then there are the people who want nothing more than a publication. It feels good. And it's important because when you write and people know you are a writer, they always want to know if you've published.

If you are a writer, or you want to be a writer. Go have a Golden Time. And that Golden Time will yield results and results are much better than regrets. Just go out there and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment